About Town: Hitched, Hatched, Hired
Inside the industry’s celebrations and news.
GAIMAN WEDDING: Coraline and Doctor Who writer Neil Gaiman married musician and artist Amanda Palmer on Jan. 2 at the Berkeley, Calif., home of authors Ayelet Waldman and Michael Chabon. The pair surprised their guests — who included author Daniel Handler (pen name: Lemony Snicket) and wife, graphic artist Lisa Brown; composer Lance Horne; and Gaiman’s children, Michael and Holly — with the impromptu ceremony. The bride’s gown was the same dress she’d worn during her days as a human statue during the 1990s (“She’d just had it dry-cleaned,” Gaiman tells THR). Close friend and musician Jason Webley, who was ordained on the Internet and read E.E. Cummings’ poem “i thank you God for most this amazing” to end the ceremony, married the longtime couple, who plan to honeymoon in Tanzania.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR