About Town: Rambling Reporter
Following the latest happenings around Hollywood and where industry players are dining.
TRICKY BUSINESS: As Fox’s new chief marketing officer, Oren Aviv will have a sticky situation on his hands come March, when the company releases Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2: Rodrick Rules. The movie and its successful predecessor were produced by Nina Jacobson. In 2006, Jacobson was unceremoniously ousted from Disney as production head, a job then taken by Aviv. (Rich Ross recently let him go.) Jacobson learned of her firing shortly after her partner gave birth to their third child, and Aviv reportedly persuaded former Disney boss Dick Cook to let Jacobson go. So whatever blood exists between these two is bad. But the show must go on. Neither Aviv nor Jacobson could be reached for comment.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR