About Town: Red Carpet
Following Hollywood celebs and power players at events in town and around the world.
People's Choice Awards | Los Angeles, Jan. 5
Taylor Swift, Jane Lynch and Neil Patrick Harris were among the stars who rocked the blue carpet at the 37th annual People’s Choice Awards. “We’re really excited the fans are behind us,” said Ben Rappaport, who toplines NBC’s freshman comedy Outsourced. “And we’re happy it’s not just our parents watching.” — Philiana Ng
Palm Springs Gala | International Film Festival, Jan. 8
The queen anointed the king at the Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala, as Helen Mirren presented the Desert Palm Achievement Actor Award to The King’s Speech’s Colin Firth. “God, it’s so difficult not to kneel when you’re around Helen,” he said. Jake Gyllenhaal presented the Actress Award to Natalie Portman. “She’s the Audrey Hepburn of our generation,” he said. And the cast of The Social Network (including newly pixie-haired Rooney Mara) nabbed the Ensemble Performance Award, with their director David Fincher saying, “It’s my greatest honor to say I knew them when.” The fest continues through Jan. 17. — Merle Ginsberg
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR