'30 Rock's' Tracy Morgan Undergoes Kidney Transplant
The actor will miss several episodes of the NBC comedy that are scheduled to air in March.
Tracy Morgan won’t be appearing on NBC’s 30 Rock for at least a few weeks.
The actor, who plays Tracy Jordan, will miss two to three episodes set to air in March.
The reason? Morgan is currently recovering from a kidney transplant that took place earlier this month.
“Tracy is doing well and taking some much needed time to recover after the surgery. He is looking forward to going back to work after the holidays,” the actor's rep confirmed to THR in a statement.
Entertainment Weekly first reported the news, noting that the show's writers are planning to mention the actor’s absence by saying that his character has suffered a meltdown due to something good that has happened to him.
EW also reported that Grizz Chapman, who played a member of Tracy’s security team on the show, also had a kidney transplant recently. Morgan is the spokesperson for the Kidney Foundation. In 1996, he was diagnosed with diabetes.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR