Sundance 2012: Tracy Morgan Rushed to Hospital
UPDATED: The "30 Rock" actor collapsed outside of the Creative Coalition Spotlight Awards gala event in Park City.
Tracy Morgan was rushed to the hospital after he fell unconscious at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, sources confirm to THR.
The 30 Rock actor was attending the Creative Coalition Spotlight Awards, where he was being honored with the Spotlight Initiative Award on Sunday. After his speech, he was escorted out of the building, where he collapsed and was taken to the hospital.
Morgan was taken to Park City Medical Center; his current condition in unknown. A spokeswoman for the hospital stated that no drugs or alcohol were found in Morgan's system upon medical evaluation.
Sources tell THR that during the dinner Morgan seemed out of control, yelling and falling to the ground. Morgan briefly walked the red carpet before the event but gave no interviews.
Morgan's rep released a statement after the actor was hospitalized: "From a combination of exhaustion and altitude, Tracy is seeking medical attention."
"He is with his fiancee and grateful to the Park City Medical Center for their care. Any reports of Tracy consuming alcohol are 100 percent false," added Morgan's rep.
Morgan, who received a kidney transplant two years ago, stars in the film Predisposed, which is screening at the Sundance Film Festival.
The Creative Coalition is a nonprofit charity for the arts and entertainment community. The Spotlight Initiative Awards have been given out since 1995 and “celebrate the art and craft of independent filmmaking, and honor those who leverage the platform of the silver screen to make a difference in the world.” The other recipients this year included actress Kate Bosworth, actor and artist Common, actress AnnaLynne McCord and filmmaker Stacy Peralta.
Update: On Monday, Morgan tweeted, “Superman ran into a little kryptonite. The high altitude in Utah shook up this kid from Brooklyn." He added that he would be back at work on 30 Work on Tuesday.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David