Trailer for Quentin Tarantino's 'Best Film of the Year' Is Very Tarantino-esque
Israeli thriller “Big Bad Wolves” couples violence with sweet melodies akin to the director's previous films.
"Not only is this the best film in Busan, this is the best film of the year," Quentin Tarantino said of Big Bad Wolves at the 2013 Busan International Film Festival. Not a bad superlative to toss on a DVD cover, especially when the Israeli thriller looks cut from the Tarantino cloth. The first trailer looks violent, twisted and just the right amount of cheeky.
The revenge tale follows a detective, Miki (Lior Ashkenazi), as he tracks down suspected child killer Dror (Rotem Keinan), a religious studies teacher arrested and released by the police after a management blunder. Going full vigilante, the cop teams up with the most recently murder boy's father to lay down justice … outside of the law.
Big Bad Wolves premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival earlier this year. In its review, THR called it "mesmerizing from start to finish, including a haunting final image that you'll find impossible to forget."
Magnolia Pictures will release Big Bad Wolves OnDemand and in theaters Jan. 17, 2014.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'