Trailer Report: 'Hunger Games' Rebounds, 'Getaway' Debuts Strong
Both trailers for "Catching Fire" land in the top ten after Internet exclusives held views down; Ethan Hawke's auto chase thriller "Getaway" debuts in the second spot; and "Pompeii" makes a surprise appearance on the most-viewed list in its first week.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (trailer No. 2) jumped from number 62 to the top spot in the weekly trailer view count.
The coming attraction recorded 2.8 million views, according to Zefr, which monitors online consumption.
The number two spot was held by the debut of the Getaway trailer, which notched 2.7 million views in its first week.
The Ethan Hawke/Selena Gomez action picture is about a man (Hawke) who drives a Shelby Mustang on missions for a mysterious stranger who has kidnapped his wife. He's accompanied by tech-savvy girl (Gomez) known only as the Kid.
Last week's No. 1, Despicable Me 2 (trailer No. 3), had 2.7 million views, landing in the third spot. It has now recorded more than 64.1 million views.
The first Hunger Games trailer held the fourth spot.
Fast & Furious 6 (trailer No. 1) continued to perform well, adding 1.6 million views to reach a lifetime total of 132 million views. It was the fifth-most-watched trailer of the week.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR