Trailer Report: One Direction's 'This Is Us' Debuts at No. 1
The boy band's first trailer recorded 6.8 million views in its first week online, and strong interest in "Despicable Me 2" made it the second-most watched online promo for June 24-30, with 4.3 million views.
One Direction: This Is Us arrives in theaters on Aug. 30.
In advance of its July 3 opening, the third trailer for Despicable Me 2 jumped to the second spot from No. 10 the previous week, recording 4.3 million views.
Trailer views for Despicable 2 correlate strongly with early box-office tracking for the movie, which is predicted to take in about $110 million over the long holiday weekend.
Analysts have speculated on why the movie seems to be failing to connect with audiences.
Fast & Furious 6's first trailer was the third-most-viewed preview of the week, jumping from the seventh spot the week prior.
The Paul Walker/Vin Diesel car heist movie's promo garnered 3 million more views, lifting its lifetime total to 115 million views since debuting online Feb. 5.
The movie, which has grossed $682 million worldwide to date, rolls out in China and Japan later this month.
Man of Steel also saw a jump in advance of a wider international rollout, recording 1.9 million views to rise from the eighth-most-watched trailer to fifth place on the list.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws