Trailer: Sundance Hit 'Escape From Tomorrow' Continues to Jab at Disney (Video)
Randy Moore's psychological horror film puts copyright infringement laws to the test as PDA prepares for an October 11 release.
Word out of the 2013 Sundance Film Festival on director Randy Moore's Escape From Tomorrow centered on two points: that it was a bold debut cut from the David Lynch cloth, and that there was no way it would ever see the light of day outside underground screening circles.
Thanks to the magic of American fair use laws, fears of the latter assessment have been thrown out the window.
Moore's black-and-white horror film, shot in secret on location at Disney World, stars Roy Abramsohn as a patriarch who slowly looses his mind over the course of his family vacation. Guerrilla filmmaking tactics and DIY special effects turn everything from It's a Small World After All to Epcot's Spaceship Earth into an apocalyptic nightmare. The film's first trailer has arrived, complete with Disney flourishes. Clearly, Escape From Tomorrow isn't finished pushing buttons.
Producers Distribution Agency (PDA) is releasing Escape From Tomorrow in select theaters on October 11, with a same-day VOD launch in partnership with Abramorama and FilmBuff.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!