'Transformers' Star Shia LaBeouf Directs Kid Cudi's 'Marijuana' (Video)
The actor previously helmed Cage's "I Never Knew You" video.
Transformers star Shia LaBeouf has added another directing credit to his resume. The actor has shot and edited the video for "Marijuana," a song from Kid Cudi's Man On The Moon II: The Legend Of Mr. Rager album.
The grainy, retro-filtered effort leads viewers through a party featuring booze and mariachis, a trip to Amsterdam and the city's red light district, and on stage with Cudi. The action happens against a dreamy chorus about "pretty green bud."
Many joints are lit and smoked throughout the four and a half minute video, shedding doubts on Cudi's claims that he had given up drugs. According to Billboard, the Cleveland rapper has copped to "doing cocaine to get through interviews" but says he got his act together after spending a night in jail on a criminal mischief arrest.
LaBeouf previously directed Cage's "I Never Knew You" video. He returns in the third Transformers movie, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, on June 29.
In addition to his music career Cudi, whose real name is Scott Mescudi, stars in HBO's How to Make it in America.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David