'Transformers' Star Shia LaBeouf Directs Kid Cudi's 'Marijuana' (Video)
The actor previously helmed Cage's "I Never Knew You" video.
Transformers star Shia LaBeouf has added another directing credit to his resume. The actor has shot and edited the video for "Marijuana," a song from Kid Cudi's Man On The Moon II: The Legend Of Mr. Rager album.
The grainy, retro-filtered effort leads viewers through a party featuring booze and mariachis, a trip to Amsterdam and the city's red light district, and on stage with Cudi. The action happens against a dreamy chorus about "pretty green bud."
Many joints are lit and smoked throughout the four and a half minute video, shedding doubts on Cudi's claims that he had given up drugs. According to Billboard, the Cleveland rapper has copped to "doing cocaine to get through interviews" but says he got his act together after spending a night in jail on a criminal mischief arrest.
LaBeouf previously directed Cage's "I Never Knew You" video. He returns in the third Transformers movie, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, on June 29.
In addition to his music career Cudi, whose real name is Scott Mescudi, stars in HBO's How to Make it in America.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws