'Transformers 3' extra suffers head injury
Indiana State Police investigating car stunt
A 24-year-old woman working on an apparent car stunt during a "Transformers 3" shoot in northwest Indiana suffered a serious head injury Wednesday night, according to various reports.
A medical helicopter airlifted the injured driver to a nearby medical center.
A local ABC station on its Website reported that Indiana State Police are now investigating the accident.
It also identified the injured woman as Gabriela Cedillo, saying she was an extra rather than a stuntman.
"The vehicle was being towed by another vehicle," fellow extra Blaine Baker told the station. "The cable between the two vehicles broke. It whipped around and sliced through the woman's car and sliced through her skull, apparently." The car was then reportedly dragged along a center divider for about half a mile.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game