'Treme' Actor Found Dead: New Details Emerge
UPDATE: The Orleans Parish coroner's office says Michael Showers drowned in the Mississippi River.
Police began a search for the car of Treme actor Michael Showers on Thursday, after the 44-year-old’s body was found in the Mississippi River.
On Friday, the Orleans Parish coroner's office revealed that Showers died of drowning, possibly two days before his body was found, notes New Orleans' Times-Picayune newspaper..
PHOTOS: Hollywood's Notable Deaths
The actor lived in Chalmette with his girlfriend, who reported him missing on Tuesday when he failed to return from the French Quarter after a night out with a friend, according the AP. The woman also told police that Showers was recently diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and suffered from severe depression.
STORY: 'Treme,' 'Breaking Bad' Actor Star Found Dead in Mississippi River
Shower’s body was discovered on Wednesday morning by the captain of the Natchez riverboat around 11:15 a.m.
He played a police Capt. John Guidry on the HBO series, and previous credits include The Vampire Diaries, Traffic and the upcoming film Columbiana.
Toxicolgy tests for drubs and alcohol will be revealed at a later date.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR