'Treme,' 'Breaking Bad' Star Found Dead in Mississippi River
Michael Showers, who played police Capt. John Guidry on the HBO drama, had been floating for two days.
Michael Showers, who had roles in Treme and Breaking Bad, was found dead in the Mississippi River on Wednesday morning. He was 45.
A steam boat captain discovered his body near New Orleans' French Quarter around 11:15 a.m. Harbor Police pulled his body out about 30 minutes later, according local newspaper The Times-Picayune.
The chief investigator for the Orleans Parish coroner's office estimated his body had been floating for two days. An autopsy will be completed.
Showers also appeared in CW's The Vampire Diaries and in movies Traffic, The Tree of Life and I Love You, Phillip Morris.
Showers lived in nearby Chalmette, the Times-Picayune reports.
Treme tapes in New Orleans and documents the city's struggle to survive after 2005's Hurricane Katrina. Showers played police Capt. John Guidry.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"