Tribeca 2012: Shoreline Picks Up International Rights to 'Freaky Deaky,' Starring Christian Slater
Charles Matthau wrote and director the adaptation of the Elmore Leonard novel.
Sales company Shoreline International has picked up international rights to Charles Matthau’s Freaky Deaky, an adaptation of the Elmore Leonard novel, which had its world premiere April 22 at the Tribeca Film Festival.
Directed, written and produced by Matthau, the film stars Christian Slater, Crispin Glover, Michael Jai White, Andy Dick and Billy Burke in the story of a cop who's drawn into a tale of extortion.
Paradigm is handling North American rights on the feature, which was executive produced by George Eyde, Lou Eyde, Nathaniel Eyde, Robert Cantrell, Steven Berez, Donald Zuckerman and Lee Greenberg.
Shoreline executive vp Sam Eigen and acquisitions executive Melody Djavadi negotiated the deal with Simon Horsman of Rufus-Isaacs, Acland & Grantham.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Mila Kunis & Olivia Wilde Take Us on an Emotional Roller Coaster in 'Third Person' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!