Tribeca: Sundance Selects Picks Up 'Elaine Stritch: Shoot Me'
Chiemi Karasawa's documentary offers a portrait of the legendary Broadway star.
Sundance Selects has acquired North American rights to Chiemi Karasawa’s documentary Elaine Stritch: Shoot Me, which debuted at the Tribeca Film Festival.
Karasawa’s directorial debut offers a portrait of the legendary 87-year-old Broadway star and saloon singer whose résumé ranges from her signature role in Stephen Sondheim’s Company to her recent appearances playing the mother of Alec Baldwin’s character in 30 Rock. It includes interviews with Hal Prince, George C. Wolfe, Nathan Lane, Cherry Jones, Tina Fey, James Gandolfini and John Turturro.
The film was produced by Karasawa and Elizabeth Hemmerdinger and executive produced by Baldwin and Cheryl Wiesenfeld.
“Chiemi Karasawa has made a poignant and often hilarious portrait of stage and screen legend Elaine Stritch. We’re beyond excited not only to share this film with her legions of fans but to also introduce this beloved performer to those who don’t know her work,” said Jonathan Sehring, president of Sundance Selects/IFC Films.
The deal for the film was negotiated by Jeff Deutchman, director of acquisitions and productions at Sundance Selects, and Submarine’s Josh Braun on behalf of the filmmakers.
Sundance Selects is a sister label to IFC Films and IFC Midnight and is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!