Tribeca Film, Well Go USA Nab U.S. Rights to 'A Single Shot'
David M. Rosenthal's thriller will be released on VOD on Aug. 20 ahead of its Sept. 20 theatrical release.
Tribeca Film and Well Go USA Entertainment have acquired U.S. rights to A Single Shot, the thriller from David M. Rosenthal.
The film, which premiered at the Berlin Film Festival and screened at the Tribeca Film Festival, will be released Aug. 20 via cable video-on-demand platforms ahead of its theatrical release Sept. 20.
Written by Matthew Jones from an adaptation of his novel of the same name, A Single Shot follows a hunter (Sam Rockwell) who accidentally kills a young woman. After finding a box of cash on the dead woman, he takes the money and hires a shady lawyer (William H. Macy) to fight his wife's (Kelly Reilly) divorce suit. But the money is tied to some very bad men, who turn the hunter into prey.
“David M. Rosenthal fashions a backwoods thriller with intense performances by a stellar cast of indie stalwarts and eerily beautiful cinematography,” said Geoffrey Gilmore, chief creative officer of Tribeca Enterprises.
The deal was negotiated for Tribeca Film by director of acquisitions Nick Savva; for Well Go USA by president Doris Pfardrescher; and on behalf of the filmmakers by UTA and Keith Kjarval of Unified Pictures.
Kjarval also produced the project, alongside Aaron L. Gilbert of Bron Studios and Media House Capital and Chris Coen of Unanimous Entertainment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!