Tribeca: Joe Roth Suggests Movie Studios Should Start Buying Theaters
5:12 PM PDT 4/27/2011 by Georg Szalai
The producer says studios should take action to get a bigger share of the profits from the "first window of opportunity in theaters."
NEW YORK -- While he believes that the current conflict between studios and exhibitors over premium VOD will soon blow over, producer Joe Roth argued Wednesday that movie studios themselves should own theaters.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile