Tribeca Throws a Neighborhood Party
You might not find a true breakout a la Toronto or Sundance, but this fest has carved its own niche.
As it enters its second decade, the Tribeca Film Festival has cemented its place in a city that has no shortage of specialty and prestige festivals. Providing counterbalance to the highest-of-brow fall lineup at the New York Film Festival and the fringe-scouring offerings on view at March's New Directors/New Films, Tribeca, which runs April 18 to 29, is the Big Apple's populist movie party. It tosses into the mix street fairs, sports events and free outdoor screenings alongside flashy red carpets, celebrity-packed parties and foreign art films.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR