Former Tribune Co. CEO Randy Michaels Arrested For DUI
The controversial one-time radio executive who was asked to leave the troubled media company last year was picked up in Ohio Friday when his car got stuck in mud.
Randy Michaels, the controversial former Tribune Co. CEO, was arrested early Friday morning in Ohio on drunk driving charges.
The Chicago Tribune reports Michaels, whose given name is Benjamin Homel, was picked up by Middletown, Ohio police off Interstate 75 where the officer found Michaels' car stuck in mud in a construction zone. The officer reported that he could smell alcohol on Michaels' breath and that he appeared "unsteady" on his feet.
The police report also said Michaels could not touch his heel to toe while walking and could not stand on one leg for more than a few seconds. Michaels was arrested on suspicion of DUI, but refused to take a breathalyzer after consulting with his attorney.
Michaels' tenure as CEO of the Tribune Company, which began in 2007, was marked by controversy, brought to light in a 2010 New York Times article that pointed out the frat house-like atmosphere that had taken over the company. Soon after, the company's board of directors asked for Michaels' resignation.
Following his Tribune departure, Michaels returned to the radio business where he got his start, purchasing three radio stations with an investment group.
He was released from Middletown jail after posting bail and is expected in court on Friday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)