Tribune, Sinclair Purchase Second Round of 'Two and a Half Men'
2:56 PM PST 11/17/2010 by Marisa Guthrie
Two and a Half Men has been sold for a second off-network syndication cycle which will keep reruns of the Charlie Sheen/Jon Cryer sitcom on Tribune and Sinclair stations through September 2012.Two and a Half Men has been the top-rated syndicated sitcom among the 25-54 demographic for the last 163 weeks. Both station groups have renewed the show in all of their markets. Tribune is in 19 markets -- including top markets New York, Los Angeles and Chicago. And Sinclair is in 21 mostly mid-size markets. That clears Two and a Half men in 47% of the country. "Two and a Half Men is an enormous hit in syndication. It is a dominant show that invigorated the off-network sitcom marketplace and the stations that licensed it,” Ken Werner, president of Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution, said in a statement. “Tribune and Sinclair realized that with fewer hit sitcoms coming down the ’pike, securing a franchise performer like Two and a Half Men is vital to maintaining their market position in the years to come. The show has been a lucrative one for WBDTD. The company bagged license fees of approximately $2 million per episode when it sold the show in 2006. And News Corp.-owned FX, which began airing the reruns of Two and a Half Men this year, paid $850,000 per episode.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!