Tricon Takes International Distribution Rights to Pivot Series Slate
Participant Media bypassed Cineflix Rights, a division of Montreal-based indie producer Cineflix Media, in which the U.S. media group has a minority stake.
TORONTO -- Ahead of MIPCOM, Tricon Films & Television has secured the international distribution rights to factual and scripted series from Participant Media's Pivot network.
Tricon also has a first look deal on Pivot's original one-hour dramas.
By signing with Tricon, Participant Media bypassed Cineflix Rights, the distribution arm of Montreal-based Cineflix Media, in which Participant has a minority stake.
Cineflix did put in an offer for the Pivot slate, but was apparently out-bid for the business by its Canadian rival.
"They (Tricon) have as much passion and conviction for our shows as we do, and we can’t wait for Andrea and her team to introduce our series and talent overseas,” said Pivot president Evan Shapiro in a statement.
The deal was brokered by Tricon’s Jon Rutherford, senior vp distribution and business development, and Pivot’s Ben McLean, senior vp legal affairs and business development.
"Pivot’s fresh approach to programming has drawn an exciting line up of talent whose work will resonate with millennials everywhere," said Tricon president Andrea Gorfolova in her own statement.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting