Tricon takes int'l TV rights to Rush rock-doc
Tribeca award-winning doc from Scot McFadyen, Sam Dunn
TORONTO -- Canadian distributor Tricon Films & Television has picked up the international TV rights to the Canuck rockumentary "Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage" from Banger Films.
The Tribeca audience award-winning documentary from directors Scot McFadyen and Sam Dunn chronicles the Canadian cult band Rush over the past 40 years.
The rockumentary has already received a Canadian theatrical release through Alliance Films and a U.K. market debut via Arts Alliance Media.
Toronto-based Tricon is also set to distribute "Metal Evolution: The Series." The eight one-hour episode series, executive produced by McFadyen and Dunn, is slated for a spring 2011 bow on VH1 Classics.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR