Trio of actresses cast in TV projects
Swoosie Kurtz, Brenda Vaccaro tapped for roles
Two veteran actresses have booked new TV gigs.
Swoosie Kurtz has joined the Lifetime comedy series "Rita Rocks" as a recurring, and Brenda Vaccaro has been tapped for a role in "You Don't Know Jack," HBO Films' biopic of Jack Kevorkian directed by Barry Levinson.
In another HBO casting, Jennifer Ehle has been added to the pilot "Game of Thrones."
"Rocks," which has been renewed for a second season, stars Nicole Sullivan as an overworked mom leading a garage band. Kurtz, who most recently co-starred on ABC's "Pushing Daisies," will play her mom.
"Jack" follows the rise of Kevorkian (Al Pacino) as he builds his "mercy machine" and sets out to perform assisted suicides. Oscar nominee Vaccaro will play his doting sister, Margo Janus.
On "Thrones," HBO's adaptation of the George R.R. Martin fantasy-book series, Ehle will play Catelyn Stark, Ned Stark's (Sean Bean) wife who originally was betrothed to Ned's older brother. When the older brother was killed, she fulfilled her duty by marrying Ned and securing the alliance between their two houses.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'