Trio join Brightlight's "They Wait"
TORONTO -- Jamie King, Terry Chen and Cheng Peipei on Friday joined the cast of Canadian producer Brightlight Pictures' supernatural thriller "They Wait," which begins shooting Monday in Vancouver.
Ernie Barbarash will direct the feature, which portrays two people unexpectedly thrown together to discover long-held secrets in Victoria, British Columbia's Chinatown district.
The producer credits on the project go to Brightlight principals Shawn Williamson and Stephen Hegyes along with Andrew Koster.
Vancouver-based Brightlight, which does a mixture of original production and service production for foreign partners, has recent credits that include Neil Labute's "Wicker Man," Pat Holden's "The Long Weekend," a comedy starring Brendan Fehr and Chris Klein produced as part of a pact with the U.K.'s Gold Circle Films and Uwe Boll's "Bloodrayne."
Brightlight and Boll are set to collaborate on "Bloodrayne 2," which will star Kristanna Loken and Ben Kingsley.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services