Trio pencil in 'Three Days'
Ty Simpkins, RZA and Brian Dennehy join Haggis pic
Eight-year-old actor Ty Simpkins has signed on to endure "The Next Three Days" with writer-director Paul Haggis. Recording artist RZA has also been cast in the thriller, and Tony winner Brian Dennehy is in negotiations to co-star.
Filming is scheduled to begin in Pittsburgh next week on Lionsgate's remake of writer-director Fred Cavaye's 2008 French thriller "Pour Elle." Russell Crowe and Elizabeth Banks have been cast as the lead couple, whose marriage is tested when she is imprisoned for a murder she claims she didn't commit.
Simpkins will play the couple's son; Dennehy would come on as the father of Crowe's character.
Haggis, his Highway 61 Films partner Michael Nozik and Fidelite's Marc Missonnier and Olivier Delbosc are producing.
The ICM-repped Simpkins appeared on the soaps "One Life to Live" and "Guiding Light." He's also had roles in the features "Little Children," "Pride & Glory" and "Revolutionary Road."
The ICM-repped RZA has appeared in the features "American Gangster" and "Derailed." A member of the Wu-Tang Clan, RZA has also scored music for several films.
Dennehy, repped by ICM and manager Susan Smith, just signed on to direct the indie drama "Redemption," which he also co-wrote. He has appeared in the films "Tommy Boy," "Presumed Innocent" and "First Blood."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR