'Tron: Legacy' Draws $23 Mil Overseas, Hits No. 1 in Europe, Latin America and Australia
Worldwide, Disney sequel nabs $66 million, bests 2009 blockbuster 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' in Japan.
Tron: Legacy, Disney's expensive 3D sequel to 1982's more modestly budgeted Tron, drew $23 million in its foreign theatrical launch from 3,832 overseas venues -- for an average of more than $6,000 per screen -- in only 26 territories. Opening day-and-date with its domestic bow, Legacy -- with Jeff Bridges repeating his Tron role as a video game designer sucked into cyberspace -- grabbed the No. 1 slot in every market it played in Europe, Latin American and Australia, grossing from 30% to 70% ahead of the No. 2 title in each market, said Disney.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR