Tron Passes $50 Million Mark on Imax Screens Worldwide
Walt Disney pic generates $1.2 million and a $49,000 per-screen average on 24 Imax screens in China in opening week.
TORONTO – Walt Disney’s Tron Legacy 3D has passed the $50 million box office mark on Imax screens, with the giant screen exhibitor reporting the tentpole pic has generated $34.7 million domestically since opening on Dec. 17.
Having grossed around $51.4 million worldwide in Imax theatres to date, the movie has also opened on 24 giant screen locations in China, generating around $1.2 million and a per-screen average of 49,000 in that Asian market in its opening week.
Tron Legacy 3D awaits openings in several international markets, including Germany and Austria, and an exclusive Imax-only five-day run in France ahead of a nationwide release.
The film's total box office in all theatres and formats worldwide has reached $328.8 million.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'