'True Blood' Actor Michael Raymond-James Cast in Tom Cruise's 'One Shot'
The Paramount drama is set to begin filming in Pittsburgh this month.
Michael Raymond-James has been cast in One Shot, the Paramount-Skydance Productions drama starring Tom Cruise.
The project, an adaptation of a 2005 Lee Child novel, centers on Jack Reacher (Cruise), an ex-Army cop who gets sucked into the mystery surrounding the arrest of a sniper accused of killing five people in a shooting.
Raymond-James, who played murderer René Lenier on the first season of HBO's True Blood, has been cast in the role of Linsky, described as a lifelong criminal who is hired by villain The Zec (played by Werner Herzog) for a sensitive assignment.
Christopher McQuarrie will direct from a script he wrote.
One Shot, which features a cast that also includes Rosamund Pike, David Oyelowo and Richard Jenkins, is set to begin filming in Pittsburgh this month.
Raymond-James starred on FX's Terriers, which was critically acclaimed but cancelled after one season last year.
He is represented by Talent Works and Sanders Armstrong Caserta Management.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing