'True Blood's' Ryan Kwanten to Star in Canadian Indie 'Sex and Sunsets'
Jeremiah Chechik is slated to direct the adaptation of the Tim Sandlin novel, with a screenplay by Megan Martin about a failed writer-cum-dishwasher.
TORONTO - True Blood’s Ryan Kwanten is top-lining Jeremiah Chechik’s Sex and Sunsets for Canadian producer Serendipity Point Films.
Chechik will direct the screenplay adaptation by Megan Martin that is based on the novel by Tim Sandlin.
The Canadian indie will start shooting in August in Banff and Los Angeles.
Sex and Sunsets sees Kwanten play a failed writer-cum-dishwasher made famous for his many flaws and shortcomings in a blog.
Robert Lantos and Ari Lantos will produce, with Mark Musselman executive producing.
The film will be distributed by Entertainment One in Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand and the Benelux.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues
- James Franco Calls Times Theater Critic a ‘Little Bitch’ and Suggests He Work for Gawker
- See New Photos of Hannah and Adam Together on the Next Season of Girls
- Under the Skin, Only Lovers Left Alive, and a Brief History of the Art-Horror Film