'True Blood' Star to Replace Hilary Duff in 'Bonnie and Clyde'
Lindsay Pulsipher, whose last film premiered at Sundance, will play Bonnie.
Lindsay Pulsipher will replace Hilary Duff in The Story of Bonnie and Clyde, Cypress Moon Studios announced Monday.
Pulsipher is currently filming the History Channel miniseries The Hatfields and McCoys opposite Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton. She also played Crystal Norris on HBO's True Blood, and starred in The Oregonian, which premiered at the Sundance Film Fest in January. Her film, Meth Head, co-starring Lukas Haas, will be released this year.
“We are thrilled to welcome Lindsay Pulsipher as Bonnie Parker in The Story of Bonnie and Clyde. Lindsay will undoubtedly bring many layers to this critical role,” says producer Tonya S. Holly of Cypress Moon Productions in a statement. “This is a gripping story about two of the most legendary fugitives in history."
Pulsipher is represented by Mathews Management and The Gersh Agency.
Holly wrote the script and will direct. Filming will take place in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and likely Missouri.
Producers Holly and Tom Rogers denied that Duff was fired from the film in August because she announced she was expecting her first child with husband Mike Comrie, a hockey player. They instead credited scheduling issues, and told The Hollywood Reporter she was unavailable until June. They aim to begin production later this year.
“Due to our obligations with investors and international buyers, it is imperative that we stick to our current schedule,” they said in a joint statement. “Therefore we are forced to explore other options for the two lead roles. Unfortunately this happens all the time in the world of filmmaking.”
Kevin Zegers also bowed out of his role as Clyde Barrow because he would not be able to film until January, producers said.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche