'True Blood's' Alexander Skarsgard Sinks Teeth Into 'What Maisie Knew' (Cannes)
Julianne Moore and Steve Coogan star in dramedy as the title character's divorcing parents.
Alexander Skarsgard has joined Julianne Moore and Steve Coogan in What Maisie Knew, an adaptation of the Henry James novel set in contemporary New York from co-directors Scott McGehee and David Siegel.
Billed as a comedy drama, the movie will be produced and bankrolled by banner Red Crown Prods.
U.S. buyers are being tempted during the Marche du Film by WME’s Graham Taylor and Mark Ankner and international sales by Fortissimo Films.
Written by Nancy Doyne and Carroll Cartwright, the story centers on Maisie, a six-year-old girl enmeshed in the bitter divorce of her mother, a rock and roll icon, and her father, a charming but distracted art dealer.
Moore stars as Maisie’s mother, Coogan as her father and Skarsgard stars as Moore’s new husband.
The movie is to roll August in NYC and is produced by Bill Teitler, Chuck Weinstock and Daniela Taplin Lundberg.
Taplin’s Red Crown Productions is producing with Daniel Crown (Dirty Girl) and Riva Marker (The Romantics) serving as executive producers.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR