'True Blood's' Joe Manganiello in Talks for Stripper Movie, 'Magic Mike'
If cast, he would join Channing Tatum, Alex Pettyfer, Matthew McConaughey and Matt Bomer.
Hang on to your dollar bills, people. With a cast that already includes Channing Tatum, Alex Pettyfer, Matthew McConaughey and Matt Bomer, Steven Soderbergh’s stripper movie, Magic Mike, may be adding one of your favorite TV werewolves to the cast.
Sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter that True Blood’s Joe Manganiello is in talks to join the sexy flick. If cast, he would play, wait for it, Big Dick Richie. That alone would be worth the price of admission.
The movie revolves around a male stripper club called Xquisite and stars Tatum in the titular role. He takes Pettyfer’s character under his wing to show him the ins and outs of dirty dancing. The film begins shooting in September and will hit theatres next year.
The film will also will reunite Manganiello and Bomer after the True Blood star shot a guest stint on USA’s White Collar. Manganiello also recently shot in Atlanta for his role in the star-studded ensemble rom-com, What to Expect When Expecting, which premieres in theatres in May 2012.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR