'True Jackson, VP' Actor to Star in Bill Lawrence's 'Like Father' Pilot
Robbie Amell has been tapped to play 19-year-old Will Lyons, who comes of age in the shadow of a 39-year-old father looking to infiltrate his college life.
Bill Lawrence’s Like Father has rounded out its cast.
The Fox comedy has tapped Scooby-Doo!'s Robbie Amell to co-star in the pilot, loosely inspired by the Cougar Town co-creator’s relationship with his own father.
The single-camera project, which will be written, directed and executive produced by Lawrence, revolves around 19-year-old Will Lyons (Amell) who comes of age in the shadow of his 39-year-old father, Van (Colin Ferguson) as his dad infiltrates his college life and influences his friends.
“Finish casting my pilot. Now to screwing it up,” Lawrence tweeted the news to his 37,000-plus followers Monday.
Amell and Ferguson will be joined by the Warner Bros. TV project’s previously cast Kevin Michael Martin, Phil Lewis and Erin Daniels.
Amell, who has guested on Revenge and Alcatraz this season, is repped by ICM, Protege Entertainment and Felker Toczek.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David