'True Jackson, VP' Actor to Star in Bill Lawrence's 'Like Father' Pilot
Robbie Amell has been tapped to play 19-year-old Will Lyons, who comes of age in the shadow of a 39-year-old father looking to infiltrate his college life.
Bill Lawrence’s Like Father has rounded out its cast.
The Fox comedy has tapped Scooby-Doo!'s Robbie Amell to co-star in the pilot, loosely inspired by the Cougar Town co-creator’s relationship with his own father.
The single-camera project, which will be written, directed and executive produced by Lawrence, revolves around 19-year-old Will Lyons (Amell) who comes of age in the shadow of his 39-year-old father, Van (Colin Ferguson) as his dad infiltrates his college life and influences his friends.
“Finish casting my pilot. Now to screwing it up,” Lawrence tweeted the news to his 37,000-plus followers Monday.
Amell and Ferguson will be joined by the Warner Bros. TV project’s previously cast Kevin Michael Martin, Phil Lewis and Erin Daniels.
Amell, who has guested on Revenge and Alcatraz this season, is repped by ICM, Protege Entertainment and Felker Toczek.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR