The truth: 2nd 'X-Files' pic is close

Empty

The "X-Files" film sequel is heating up.

Co-star David Duchovny indicated Saturday during the Television Critics Assn. press tour at the Beverly Hilton that the film, which has been the subject of speculation for the past few years, is one step closer to becoming a reality.

"I'm supposed to see a script next week," Duchovny said, adding that creator Chris Carter and Frank Spotnitz wrote the screenplay and that Carter is set to direct.

Duchovny also reiterated past remarks that he and "X-Files" co-star Gillian Anderson "are on board" the follow-up to the 1998 film and the series that ran on Fox from 1993-2002.

The film reportedly was delayed in part because of a now-settled lawsuit filed by Carter in late 2005 against 20th Century Fox Television alleging breach of contract, contractual interference and other claims over payments allegedly owed to him from the series.

Duchovny was at TCA promoting his upcoming Showtime comedy series "Californication," which debuts Aug. 13.

Duchovny's co-star, Evan Handler, evaded a question about whether he would be reprising his role as the husband to Kristin Davis' character in the big-screen adaptation of another TV series, HBO's "Sex and the City."

"If I would have been approached (about reprising the role), I know I would have been asked to not to say that I had been approached," he said.
comments powered by Disqus