TruTV Boss Marc Juris Exits
Turner Entertainment Networks president Steve Koonin made the announcement Thursday, noting a search already has begun for his replacement.
TruTV is making a change at the top.
Executive vp and COO Marc Juris has exited the company, Turner Entertainment Networks president Steve Koonin announced in a companywide memo Thursday.
"Today the company is announcing the departure of our colleague Marc Juris. As executive vp and chief operating officer of truTV, Marc has provided valuable leadership, especially through the network's rebranding and subsequent audience growth," Koonin wrote. "I have already begun the process of evaluating truTV's current and future leadership needs so that we can choose the right executive to lead the network. We are extremely grateful to Marc for his many contributions to our business, and we wish him all the best in his future endeavors."
The news comes two weeks after truTV unveiled a robust upfront slate including three new series, five pilots and the renewals of Shaquille O'Neal's Upload and Guinness World Records Gone Wild as the Turner-owned reality-themed cabler targets what it dubbed "funseekers" -- comedy lovers hovering around the cabler's median age of 35.
While truTV has had some smaller successes (Hardcore Pawn, Storage Hunters), it has yet to have a breakout hit the size of A&E's Duck Dynasty or History's Pawn Stars.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!