TruTV Greenlights 'Hardcore Pawn' Spinoff
"Hardcore Pawn: Fort Bragg" is set at a weapons pawn shop near one of the nation’s largest military bases; the network has ordered a sixth season of "Hardcore Pawn."
TruTV is spinning off its pawn shop-set Hardcore Pawn with a guns and ammo version of its top-rated series, the network announced Tuesday.
Hardcore Pawn: Fort Bragg will revolve around the staff and customers at Guns Plus, a South Carolina pawnshop specializing in weapons and military equipment. Situated near one of the largest military bases in the country, Guns Plus is staffed by many veterans while its customers consist largely of armed services personnel and their families.
TruTV has ordered seven episodes of the Zodiak USA series, which is set for debut later this year.
"We have had such tremendous success with Hardcore Pawn, it makes sense to expand the concept into a franchise with Hardcore Pawn: Fort Bragg," Marc Juris, executive vp and COO, truTV, said in a statement. "The new Hardcore Pawn: Fort Bragg also gives us the opportunity to introduce viewers to some of the incredible men and women who serve in the military and whose stories will play an important part in the show."
Grant Mansfield, Natalka Znak, Mike Gamson and Ken Snow are executive producers.
Additionally, truTV has picked up a sixth season of original series Hardcore Pawn and additional episodes of Zodiak’s Lizard Lick Towing.
Hardcore Pawn returns for the second half of its fifth season March 20, while its sixth season is targeted to bow later this year.
Set at Detroit’s American Jewelry and Loan, Hardcore Pawn is the network’s highest-rated show. So far this season, it’s averaging nearly 3 million viewers, up 21 percent over last season.
Currently in its second season, Lizard Lick Towing is pulling in 1.6 million viewers.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David