TSN Reups Canadian TV Deal For Britain's The Open Championship
The Canadian cable sports channel is to air the hunt for the Claret Jug at the marquee British pro golf tournament through 2017.
TORONTO – Another day, another marquee TV sports property has been sewn up by The Sports Network, Canada’s cable sports channel.
This time it’s pro golf and Britain's The Open Championship, which starts this Thursday at the Royal St. George's Golf Club in Sandwich, England.
TSN inked a deal with the R&A, which is part of the Royal and Ancient Golf Club in St. Andrew’s Scotland, for the exclusive Canadian broadcast rights to the British Open tournament through 2017.
The renewal deal includes the French-language TV rights for the RDS cable sports channel, and streaming rights for The Open Championship on TSN.ca.
TSN last week renewed the Canadian TV rights to the Wimbledon tennis tournament in London for another ten years, and inked an earlier exclusive rights deal for the Tour de France 2011 cycling race, which is currently airing on TSN2.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'