TSN Secures March Madness Rights
Canadian sports channel to air NCAA men's basketball tournament nationally.
TORONTO -- Canadian broadcaster CTV has picked up the local broadcast rights to the NCAA men's basketball tournament for its TSN cable sports channel.
The new Canadian March Madness home follows rival cable sports channel, The Score, airing the NCAA tournament for four years through 2010.
Terms of the new deal with the NCAA were not disclosed, but follows TSN recently snagging a raft of marquee TV sports properties, including the Tour de France pro cycling race and the EURO 2012 and 2016 European football championships under new owner BCE, the domestic phone giant.
TSN will produce an original studio show for pre- and post-game analysis, and air all games in high definition.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game