Tsui Hark film withdrawn from Pusan
'All About Women' was to screen in gala spot
BUSAN, South Korea -- "All About Women," Hong Kong director Tsui Hark's entry at the 13th Pusan International Film Festival, has been withdrawn.
The film, produced by Beijing-based J.A. Media and Tsui's Film Workshop, is in the process of obtaining a permit from the Chinese authorities for its release in China, but it could not be approved in time because of the Chinese National Holidays, J.A. Media vp marketing and strategy Mandy Chong said Wednesday.
Chinese films can't be screened outside of the country before being officially approved.
"Women" was scheduled to have its world premiere Saturday at Pusan as one of the festival's gala presentations. It will not be replaced in the lineup.
Tsui will make his scheduled appearance at the festival Sunday to give a master class, "My Life, My Cinema."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR