'Tupac' Biopic Holding Online Auditions for Starring Role
Aspiring actors can submit applications until April 30.
An online casting call for the lead role in the recently revived biopic Tupac is underway.
Morgan Creek Productions and Skee.TV/Karmaloop.TV have partnered up to present "In Search of Tupac," a website looking to cast the part of legendary rapper Tupac Shakur in the upcoming film.
The application process, set to run until April 30, asks individuals who think they embody Shakur's spirit to submit a five-minute video in which they perform a provided courtroom monologue and their favorite 2Pac song.
"We're looking for someone with the right mix of raw charm and charisma for the role," producer David Robinson said in a statement. "At this point, we're more concerned about finding someone with the ability to give their entire heart into the performance than just looks and personality."
Tupac, directed by Antoine Fuqua, recently rebounded from a two-year setback in development caused by a series of legal battles. The film will follow Shakur's controversial career from his rise as a rap artist and actor to his highly publicized 1996 murder. Shooting is slated to begin this summer.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR