Above the Turbulence
6:00 AM PDT 10/30/2012 by Stephen Galloway
He reads the Bible daily, says he has friends you don't know and quit drinking for his latest part. Now, as the two-time Oscar winner plays a troubled pilot in "Flight," Denzel Washington reveals himself to be as complicated (and elusive) as any character he's ever played.
Way back in his early 30s, Denzel Washington decided to give up alcohol -- intriguing, given that he plays a pilot whose alcoholism is connected to a heart-stopping crash in his new movie, Flight.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR