Turner Broadcasting CEO Sees Only Minor Netflix Effect on Kids TV Ratings
Phil Kent also reiterates at an investor conference that "I'm very unhappy with the ratings" of CNN.
The availability of kids TV shows on Netflix is only a small, contributing factor in the recent ratings challenges of such networks as Viacom's Nickelodeon, Turner Broadcasting System chairman and CEO Phil Kent told an investor conference on Thursday.
Speaking at the Nomura 2nd Annual U.S. Media & Telecom Summit, the head of the Time Warner unit said: "I do not believe that having a lot of these shows on Netflix has been the most determining factor. It is a contributing factor, a marginal factor."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'