Turner buys $117 mil NDTV stake
Asia arm of U.S. broadcaster takes 76% of Indian unit
MUMBAI -- New Delhi Television said on Tuesday it sold most of its indirect stake in NDTV Imagine Ltd. to Turner Asia Pacific Ventures Inc. in a deal worth $117 million.
The deal involves the sale of a 76% stake held in NDTV Imagine via its unit, NDTV Networks Plc, for $67 million and also fresh issue of equity shares worth $50 million to Turner, NDTV said in a statement.
The transaction is pending approval from board of Turner's parent, Time Warner Inc, and regulatory approvals, it added.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR