TV Academy Appoints Maury McIntyre to Lead Digital Efforts
Working with the marketing department, the Disney Interactive vet will help drive the Emmy brand and other efforts through multiple platforms.
Maury McIntyre has been appointed vp of digital at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
Academy COO Alan Perris made the announcement on Monday, noting that McIntyre will be responsible for the developing marketing strategies, establishing social media partnerships and helping create digital content from events, benefits, educational content and more.
"[Maury] is the perfect executive to lead the Academy’s continued digital development and drive our Emmy and Academy brands through multiple platforms," said Perris.
Before the Academy, McIntyre was most recently programming and editorial vp for Disney Interactive and previously held positions at Tokyopop and Twentieth Century Fox.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)