TV ad market up 9.3% in Spain

Empty

MADRID -- Spain's TV ad market continued to boom in 2007, with total advertising on Spanish conventional media rising 9.3% to hit €3.9 billion ($5.3 billion) for the first half of the year, according to a report made public Friday by Spanish ad monitor Infoadex.

National and regional television channels saw advertising revenue climb 8% to €1.8 billion ($2.4 billion) for the first half of the year, compared with €1.6 billion during the same period last year.

National channels snagged the lion's share of that revenue, some 90%, while regional broadcasters accounted for the other 10%.

Tele 5 is the channel with the largest volume of advertising revenue, accounting for 30.9% of all advertising investment in national channels, at €550 million ($751 million) -- a 7.5% rise over the €511.8 million from last year.

Rival commercial channel Antena 3 saw its advertising business dip 2.3% from last year to €449.5 million, while newcomer Cuatro TV grew 71.9% from last year to €151.3 million ($209 million) with 8.5% of the market.

Pubcaster TVE edged up 1.9% to €381 million ($520 million).

comments powered by Disqus