TV Executive Greg Brannan Dies at 57
He worked at E! in the 1990s and initiated development of Style Network.
TV executive Greg Brannan died Feb. 13 after a five-year battle with thymic carcinoma. He was 57.
As an executive vp at E! Networks through 2001, Brannan was responsible for all programming on E! and Style. Later, he worked in similar capacities for Tech TV, LTN, MobiTV and CNET.
Brannan was a programming executive who began his career at KPHO-TV Phoenix. He moved to Los Angeles and started at E! Entertainment Television in 1993; four years later, he initiated development of the Style Network, which launched in June 1999.
Survivors include his wife Huyen; his children Avery and Leila; his mother Gayle; his brothers Doug, Jeff and John; and his sisters Jane and Wendy.
A memorial service will be held at 10:30 a.m. March 2 at the Woodland Community & Senior Center in Woodland, Calif.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR