TV Guide Network Appoints EVP and General Counsel
David Mandell departs Mandalay Digital Group to oversee the rebranding net's business and legal affairs.
TV Guide Network has named David Mandell executive vice president and general counsel, effective immediately. Most recently Mandell has been the top legal exec at Mandalay Digital Group.
“David is a best-in-class legal advisor who brings a wealth of experience in negotiating content production, acquisition and distribution matters,” said TVGN president of operations Dennis Miller, to whom Mandell will report. “He will play a critical role at TVGN as we continue building the network with new original programming and expanding our distribution footprint in full-screen and HD.”
TVGN, now a partnership between CBS and Lionsgate, has been making a push into more original programming since the change of ownership earlier in 2013.
Mandell will be based out of the Los Angeles office, overseeing all business and legal affairs. In addition to his work at Mandalay Digital Group, he previously served as the top legal executive at Gemstar-TV Guide.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR