TV Guide Network's Ryan O'Hara exiting
Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer announced departure
TV Guide Network president Ryan O'Hara is leaving the company.
The announcement was made Friday by Jon Feltheimer, CEO of Lionsgate, which owns 51% of TV Guide, and Allen Shapiro who, along with One Equity Partners, controls the remaining 49%.
O'Hara, who also oversaw TVGuide.com, is exiting immediately and will take a new New York-based position next week, the company said.
O'Hara was a Gemstar-TV Guide hire. He has been with the company for eight years and ran its horse-racing network TVG before taking over TV Guide in 2005.
He stayed on after the change in ownership at TV Guide nine months ago when Lionsgate bought the company and sold 49% to OEP and Shapiro.
O'Hara departure also follows TV Guide's recent appointment of Lionsgate veteran Diane Robina, president of FEARnet, as executive vp development, acquisition and programming strategy for TV Guide.
"TV Guide Network and TVGuide.com will continue under the leadership of their current management teams under the overall direction of Feltheimer and Shapiro," the company said Friday.
During the past nine months, TV Guide acquired off-network rights to "Ugly Betty" and "Curb Your Enthusiasm," hit a ratings high with a Susan Boyle special and signed new long-term distribution agreements with Comcast and Charter.
However, the network has yet to establish a clear brand and rise to the upper cable networks tier.
"I enjoyed my eight years at TV Guide tremendously, and I believe the trajectory of the business has never been better," O'Hara said. "It is in perfect hands with Lionsgate and One Equity Partners."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR