TV Hockey Analyst Mike Milbury Off Air After Allegedly Assaulting a 12 Year-Old Boy
The former Boston Bruins player will not appear on NHL game telecasts on the CBC in Canada and NBC Sports stateside in the immediate future, both broadcasters said Friday.
TORONTO – The CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada has booted on-air analyst Mike Milbury from its Saturday night broadcast after he was charged with allegedly assaulting a 12 year-old boy who played against his son in a pee wee hockey game in Massachusetts.
"CBC Sports spoke with Mike late this afternoon. After a good discussion, we both decided that he won't be part of Hockey Night in Canada broadcasts while he focuses on his personal situation,” a CBC spokesman said Friday in a statement on the CBC.ca website.
NBC Sports in its own statement Friday said Milbury will also remain off air for the near future.
Capt. Tom Keaveney of the Brookline, Mass. police told the Associated Press that Milbury, a former Boston Bruins player and an assistant coach on his son’s team, allegedly grabbed and shook the opposition team player after a Dec. 9 game.
No blows were apparently struck and no one was hurt during the incident.
The CBC.ca site offered a statement from Milbury's lawyer that denied any assault took place and insisted the TV analyst stepped between the two boys as they had an altercation.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)