TV Land taps sitcom vets for pilot
Bertinelli, Leeves, Malick, White to star in 'Hot in Cleveland'
TV Land has tapped sitcom veterans Valerie Bertinelli ("One Day at a Time"), Jane Leeves ("Frasier"), Wendie Malick ("Just Shoot Me") and Betty White ("The Golden Girls") to star in its comedy pilot "Hot in Cleveland."
Written by "Frasier" alum Suzanne Martin, "Hot" revolves around three eccentric fortysomething best friends from L.A. (Bertinelli, Leeves, Malick) who wind up stuck in Cleveland and decide to stay there when they realize the locals consider them glamorous.
White plays a grumpy and opinionated lady who has lived in the cottage of the trio's Cleveland house for 50 years.
"Hot," from Sean Hayes' Hazy Mills Prods., is one of TV Land's first two pilots, along with the comedy "Retired at 35," which is toplined by Malick's "Shoot Me" co-star George Segal.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'